Pregnacare charity partners
About Bliss: Bliss is the UK’s leading charity for babies born premature or sick.
In 1979, a group of concerned parents discovered that no hospital had all the equipment it needed to safely care for premature and sick babies. Determined to do something, they formed a charity to give vulnerable babies the care they deserve.
Bliss champions the right for every baby born premature or sick to receive the best care. We achieve this by empowering families, influencing policy and practice, and enabling life-changing research.
Premature and sick babies deserve the best chance of survival and quality of life. We aim to make this a reality by:
- Supporting parents of babies born premature or sick to be as involved as possible in care and decision-making for their babies.
- Supporting neonatal professionals to deliver high quality baby-centred care and involve parents actively in their babies' care.
- Placing premature and sick babies' voices at the heart of decision-making to ensure that their best interests are always put first.
- Supporting research that can tangibly improve outcomes for babies born premature or sick.
If you need support and would like to talk to someone, please call the Bliss helpline - a UK wide confidential telephone service that offers a listening ear, emotional support and information to families whose baby is in or has been in neonatal care.
It is open Monday to Friday and our trained volunteers are ready to support you.
Call us on 0808 801 0322. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you would like to find out if we have a volunteer in your area, visit our website at bliss.org.uk/support-in-your-area.
How can you support Bliss:
- Fundraise: Bliss could not carry out its work without the hard work and dedication of our fundraisers. A fundraising pack containing lots of tips and ideas for holding your own event is available from our events team at email@example.com. Alternatively, please visit the get involved page of our website for more information and ideas.
- Donate: We have lots of appeals you can donate to, to help babies born premature and sick. You can help us ensure that they have a better chance of surviving and of reaching their full potential. No matter how big or small, your donation is greatly appreciated.
- Campaign: Bliss campaigns nationally and locally for the best care and support for premature and sick babies and their families. If you would like to join us to help make a lasting change to improve the life chances of vulnerable babies and the support their families receive, join our Action for Bliss network.
- Volunteer: Bliss has a large network of volunteers that operate throughout the country running support groups, visiting families in hospitals, and providing one to one support to parents. Our roles are designed to be flexible to fit around the time you have to give, whether you have a couple of hours a week, or just a few hours a month. If you think you have something to offer to parents of babies born premature and sick and would like to have a look at our volunteering roles, you can visit our website on bliss.org.uk/volunteer.
About Fertility Network UK: Fertility Network UK provides free and impartial support, advice, information and understanding for anyone affected by fertility issues.
We are the nation’s leading patient-focused fertility charity and are here on a practical and emotional level whatever your experience of fertility issues to offer support services, information and access to a community of people affected by fertility problems.
We can help: if you are considering your future fertility; if you are trying to become parents; if you are facing the challenges of childlessness; if you are successful after fertility problems and if you need help to access NHS-funded fertility treatment.We are a small charity working hard to help the 3.5 million people affected by the devastation and pain fertility issues wreak. We do not receive any guaranteed funding and rely on grants and the generosity of our supporters.
Donate today to help support the work we do.We are the patient voice in the campaign for equitable access to NHS fertility treatment in the UK – based on medical need and not postcode. We co-chair campaign group Fertility Fairness, and ensure that the issues which matter to patients are heard by politicians, policy-makers and health commissioners.
Our education project raises awareness of the importance of fertility education in protecting and maintaining future fertility and highlights some practical steps young people can take to help protect their future fertility.
We work with the media to raise public awareness of all aspects of fertility issues, to highlight the need for equitable access to NHS fertility services and to promote the need for fertility education in order to protect and maintain future fertility. No other fertility organisation offers the range of services and support that we provide.
More information is available here.
About NCT: We're here to support parents. We give them accurate, impartial information so that they can decide what’s best for their family, and we introduce them to a network of local parents to gain practical and emotional support.
Our charitable purpose:
We offer information and support in pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
We campaign to improve maternity care and ensure better services and facilities for new parents.
We aim to give every parent the chance to make informed choices.
We want to make sure that everyone has access to our services and activities.
Find out more here: https://www.nct.org.uk/about-us