Did you know that one in nine babies in the UK is born either premature or sick? That’s over 80,000 babies every year, with one being admitted to special care every six minutes.
Bliss is the UK charity that works to provide the best possible care and support for all premature and sick babies and their families. It’s a cause that everyone at Pregnacare and Vitabiotics is incredibly proud to support. So we wanted to share this video, which explains the impact of Bliss’s work over the past year:
- Bliss Nurses have supported thousands of anxious parents, helping them to grow in confidence and play a key role in caring for their baby
- Bliss’ work with doctors and nurses in neonatal units across the country has improved the quality of care that is given to babies and their families
- Thanks to the growth of Bliss’s volunteering programme, thousands of families are receiving direct support, both on the unit and after their baby has gone home
Interested in finding out more?
- Watch the video again and find out more about Bliss’s work in 2013
- Visit the Bliss website, with information on how you can get involved
- Follow Bliss on Twitter and Facebook